Industry-leading Integration of PoE Technology and Renewable Power System
PLANET’s newly-launched Renewable Energy Industrial 802.3at PoE Managed Ethernet Switch, BSP-360, is designed for deploying a surveillance or wireless network and remotely monitoring and managing the IP-based devices. Based on its green technology, the BSP-360 can be charged by the inexhaustible and natural source of energy, such as solar, wind and hydroelectric power to conserve energy so as to economically power these remote IP cameras and wireless APs, especially used for such expansive applications as dams, forests, deserts, national parks, nature/animal protection areas and highways.
Zero-Carbon and Stable Power Supply
The BSP-360 utilizes the solar power sourcing and co-works with the common nickel-cadmium battery or lead-acid battery to form an independent solar power supply system for outdoor network system. The BSP-360 delivers zero-carbon and uninterruptible PoE power supply for continuous outdoor wireless and IP surveillance applications without the need of any cabling. It can power the client devices and can be charged at the same time during the day to enable to continue the operation at night.
Built-in Unique Power Functions for Battery Management
As it is the power managed for battery and power consumption, the BSP-360 features the following special power management functions:
- Battery current usage and status
- Battery capacity statistics
- Low voltage cut-off protection
Battery Current Usage status and Statistics
The administrator can remotely access the BSP-360 to know the power status of the battery and renewable energy, and the estimated time of power consumption.
Low Voltage Cut-Off Protection
If the power is too low to empower the system and IP devices, the system will automatically power off the device with low priority to make sure the system works normally, and an alert is then sent to the administrator at the same time.
Built-in Unique PoE Functions for Powered Devices Management
As it is the managed PoE switch for surveillance, wireless and VoIP networks, the BSP-360 features the following special PoE management functions:
- PD alive check
- Scheduled power recycling
- PoE schedule
- PoE usage monitoring
Intelligent Powered Device Alive Check
The BSP-360 can be configured to monitor connected PD (Powered Device) status in real time via ping action. Once the PD stops working and responding, the BSP-360 will resume the PoE port power and bring the PD back to work. It will greatly enhance the network reliability through the PoE port resetting the PD’s power source and reducing administrator management burden.
Scheduled Power Recycling
The BSP-360 allows each of the connected PoE IP cameras or PoE wireless access points to reboot at a specific time each week. Therefore, it will reduce the chance of IP camera or AP crash resulting from buffer overflow.
PoE Schedule for Energy Saving
Under the trend of energy saving worldwide and contributing to environmental protection, the BSP-360 can effectively control the power supply besides its capability of giving high watts power. The “PoE schedule” function helps you to enable or disable PoE power feeding for each PoE port during specified time intervals and it is a powerful function to help SMBs or enterprises save power and budget. It also increases security by powering off PDs that should not be in use during non-business hours.
PoE Usage Monitoring and Intelligent LED Indicator for Real-time PoE Usage
Via the power usage chart in the web management interface, the BSP-360 enables the administrator to monitor the status of the power usage of the connected PDs in real time. Thus, it greatly enhances the management efficiency of the facilities. Moreover, the BSP-360 helps users to monitor the current status of PoE power usage easily and efficiently via its advanced LED indication. Called “PoE Power Usage”, the front panel of the BSP-360 has three LED indicators of different power usages.
Solar PoE Power Supply for Long Distance Wireless Surveillance Solution
Providing Plug-and-Play instant Internet service, the BSP-360 can be deployed anywhere in the city where there is no direct AC electricity. With PoE over the Cat5 cable, wireless AP and SFP media converter, you can check the current energy consumption and battery status in your office within the configuration interface of the BSP-360.
SOHO / Home-Use Gigabit Ethernet PoE Network Deployment
With its expanded home-use feature, the BSP-360 Renewable Energy PoE Switch helps SOHO / home users to create an integrated network where power is so easily utilized for transmission of data and video. It integrates IEEE 802.3at PoE technology and renewable power system. The wireless AP and PoE IP camera devices work perfectly with the BSP-360, which injects power through the Ethernet cables, thus helping SOHO / home users to build a cost-effective and reliable PoE networking environment easily.
Wireless Connection for Outdoor Long-range Application
With the four 802.3at/802.3af PoE interfaces, the BSP-360 enables you to install the PoE access point in the outdoors freely. When functioning with a pair of the wireless transmission, the BSP-360 Renewable Energy PoE Switch can be efficiently managed from remote monitor center. It enables the wireless LAN deployment to become more flexible and worry-free from the power outlet locations.**
**To get the best performance, match it with PLANET devices for outdoor wireless bridge applications.
Enables Extension of Network Deployment with Fiber Media Converter
With the 24VDC out interface, the BSP-360 enables you to supply power to other device, such as PLANET IGT-905A, that fiber media converter where high-speed and stable data transmission can be made to a remote core network. It can extend the distance to Max. 120 kilometers between BSP-360 and control center via Fiber-Optic Link.
- 5-port 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit RJ45 copper with 4-port IEEE 802.3at/af PoE Injector (Port 1 to Port 4)
- RJ45 type interface for basic management and setup
- USB type A female for setting file backup and restore
Power over Ethernet
- Complies with IEEE 802.3at Power over Ethernet Plus end-span PSE
- Backward compatible with IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet
- Up to 4 ports of IEEE 802.3af/802.3at devices powered
- Supports PoE power up to 30 watts for each PoE port
- Auto detects powered device (PD)
- Circuit protection prevents power interference between ports
- Remote power feeding up to 100 meters
- PoE management
– Total PoE power budget control
– Per port PoE function enable/disable
– PoE port power feeding priority
– Per PoE port power limitation
– PD alive-check
– PoE schedule
- Battery type option: Nickel-cadmium battery or lead-acid battery
- Easy diagnostic of the system operating status via LED indicator
- Battery current usage and status
- Battery capacity and power consumption statistics
- Low voltage cut-off protection: Send alert and cut off the low priority PoE port for the low power battery
- Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) Protection
– Reverse current protection to prevent the current circuits from flowing back to the PV panel
– Over-current and over-temperature protection
– Reverse polarity protection (for battery and charging electrodes)
Industrial Case & Installation
- IP30 aluminum case
- DIN-rail and wall-mounted design
- Supports -10 to 60 degrees C operating temperature
- Supports ESD 6KV DC Ethernet protection
- Redundant power design
– 24V~45V DC wide power input
- Hardware based 10/100Mbps (half/full duplex), 1000Mbps (full duplex), auto-negotiation and auto MDI/MDI-X
- Features Store-and-Forward mode with wire-speed filtering and forwarding rates
- IEEE 802.3x flow control for full duplex operation and back pressure for half duplex operation
- 8K MAC address table size
- Automatic address learning and address aging
- Internet types: Dynamic IP, static IP, PPPoE, L2TP, PPTP
- Static and dynamic (RIP1 and 2) routing
- IP/MAC-based bandwidth control
- Supports Port Forwarding, DMZ, UPnP and Dynamic DNS for various networking applications
- 802.1d STP and IGMP Proxy
- Port filtering lets you either allow or prevent which applications can access the Internet.
- MAC filtering allows you to include or exclude computers and devices based on their MAC address
- URL filtering allows you to control access to Internet websites in an URL list
- IP source guard prevents IP spoofing attacks
- DoS attack prevention
- Switch Management Interface
– IPv4 Web switch management
– SNMP v1, v2c
- Static and DHCP for IP address assignment
- System Maintenance
– Firmware upload/download via HTTP
– Configuration upload/download through HTTP
– Hardware reset button for system reboot or reset to factory default
- NTP Network Time Protocol
- SNMP trap for interface Link Up and Link Down notification
- Event message logging to remote syslog server
- PLANET Smart Discovery Utility