Perfect, Slim-type Managed Switch with More Practicability and Convenience
PLANET IGS-801M is an Industrial 8-Port Full Gigabit Managed Ethernet Switch specially designed to transmit reliable but high-speed data in heavy industrial demanding environments. It provides 8-Port 10/100/1000BASE-T copper interfaces delivered in an IP30 rugged strong case with redundant power system. Besides support for 16Gbps switch fabric to handle extremely large amounts of video, voice and important data in a secure topology, the IGS-801M provides user-friendly but advanced IPv6/IPv4 management interfaces and abundant L2/L4 switching functions. It is the best investment for industrial business expanding or upgrading its network infrastructure.
Environmentally Hardened Design
With IP30 industrial case protection, the IGS-801M provides a high level of immunity against electromagnetic interference and heavy electrical surges which are usually found on plant floors or in curb-side traffic control cabinets. It also possesses an integrated power supply source with wide range of voltages (12 to 48V DC or 24V AC) for worldwide high availability applications requiring dual or backup power inputs. Being able to operate under the temperature range from -40 to 75 degrees C, the IGS-801M can be placed in almost any difficult environment.
Robust Layer 2 Features
The IGS-801M can be programmed for advanced switch management functions such as dynamic port link aggregation, 802.1Q VLAN and Q-in-Q VLAN, Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (MSTP), loop and BPDU guard, IGMP snooping, and MLD snooping. Via the link aggregation, the IGS-801M allows the operation of a high-speed trunk to combine with multiple ports, and supports fail-over as well. Also, the Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP) is the Layer 2 protocol included to help discover basic information about neighboring devices on the local broadcast domain.
Efficient Traffic Control
The IGS-801M is loaded with robust QoS features and powerful traffic management to enhance services to business-class data, voice and video solutions. The functionality includes broadcast/multicast storm control, per port bandwidth control, IP DSCP QoS priority and remarking. It guarantees the best performance for VoIP and video stream transmission, and empowers the enterprises to take full advantage of the limited network resources.
PLANET IGS-801M offers comprehensive IPv4/IPv6 Layer 2 to Layer 4 Access Control List (ACL) for enforcing security to the edge. It can be used to restrict network access by denying packets based on source and destination IP address, TCP/UDP ports or defined typical network applications. Its protection mechanism also comprises 802.1X port-based user and device authentication, which can be deployed with RADIUS to ensure the port level security and block illegal users. With the protected port function, communication between edge ports can be prevented to guarantee user privacy. Furthermore, port security function allows to limit the number of network devices on a given port.
Advanced Network Security
The IGS-801M also provides DHCP snooping, IP source guard and dynamic ARP inspection functions to prevent IP snooping from attack and discarded ARP packets with invalid MAC address. The network administrators can now construct highly-secure corporate networks with considerably less time and effort than before.
Friendly and Secure Management
For efficient management, the IGS-801M is equipped with web, Telnet and SNMP management interfaces. With the built-in web-based management interface, the IGS-801M offers an easy-to-use, platform-independent management and configuration facility. By supporting the standard SNMP, the switch can be managed via any standard management software. For text-based management, the switch can be accessed via Telnet. Moreover, the IGS-801M offers secure remote management by supporting SSH, SSL and SNMP v3 connections which encrypt the packet content at each session.
Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol with PoE IP Office Solution for SMBs/Workgroups
The IGS-801M features strong, rapid, self-recovery capability to prevent interruptions and external intrusions. It incorporates Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (802.1s MSTP) into customer’s automation network to enhance system reliability and uptime.
Industrial Area Manageable Switch for Data Collection and Forwarding
The IGS-801M offers high performance and high reliability to make sure the continuous industrial operation in harsh environments such as control cabinet of transportation, factory floors, outdoor space, and the places where the temperature is extremely low or high. With a non-blocking design and desktop size, the installation of PLANET IGS-801M 8-port Gigabit Managed Industrial Ethernet Switch is as easy as that of a Fast Ethernet network and it is helpful to build a Gigabit high-bandwidth switched network quickly.
To further expand the current network, the IGS-801M provides advanced Web and SNMP management interface to meet this kind of demand. With its built-in web-based management, the IGS-801M offers an easy-to-use, platform-independent management and configuration facility. The IGS-801M supports standard Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) that makes the managed switch able to be monitored via any standard-based management software. With the IGS-801M, which complies with all the requirements of industrial applications, customers may enjoy high reliability, recovery capability and safe Ethernet network operation.
- 8-Port 10/100/1000BASE-T RJ45 copper
- IP30 metal case protection
- DIN-rail and wall mount design
- Redundant power design
– 12 to 48V DC, redundant power with polarity reverse protect function- AC 24V power adapter acceptable
- Supports EFT 6000VDC protection for power line
- Supports 6000VDC Ethernet ESD protection
- -40 to 75 degrees C operating temperature
Layer 2 Features
- Prevents packet loss with back pressure (half-duplex) and IEEE 802.3x pause frame flow control (full-duplex)
- High performance Store and Forward architecture, broadcast storm control, runt/CRC filtering eliminates erroneous packets to optimize the network bandwidth
- Supports VLAN– IEEE 802.1Q tagged VLAN- Provider Bridging (VLAN Q-in-Q) support (IEEE 802.1ad)- Protocol VLAN- Voice VLAN- Private VLAN- Management VLAN- GVRP
- Supports Spanning Tree Protocol– STP (Spanning Tree Protocol)- RSTP (Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol)- MSTP (Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol)- STP BPDU Guard, BPDU filtering and BPDU forwarding
- Supports Link Aggregation– IEEE 802.3ad Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP)- Cisco ether-channel (static trunk)
- Provides port mirror (many-to-1)
- Loop protection to avoid broadcast loops
Quality of Service
- Ingress and egress rate limit per port bandwidth control
- Storm control support
– Broadcast/Unknown unicast/Unknown multicast
– IEEE 802.1p CoS- TOS/DSCP/IP precedence of IPv4/IPv6 packets
- Strict priority and Weighted Round Robin (WRR) CoS policies
- Supports IPv4 IGMP snooping v2 and v3
- Supports IPv6 MLD snooping v1, v2
- IGMP querier mode support
- IGMP snooping port filtering
- MLD snooping port filtering
– IEEE 802.1X port-based network access authentication- Built-in RADIUS client to co-operate with the RADIUS servers- RADIUS/TACACS+ login user access authentication
– IPv4/IPv6 IP-based ACL- MAC-based ACL
– Static MAC- MAC filtering
- Port security for source MAC address entries filtering
- DHCP snooping to filter distrusted DHCP messages
- Dynamic ARP Inspection discards ARP packets with invalid MAC address to IP address binding
- IP source guard prevents IP spoofing attacks
- DoS attack prevention
- IPv4 and IPv6 dual stack management
- Switch management interface
– Web switch management- Telnet command line interface- SNMP v1, v2c and v3- SSH and SSL secure access
- User privilege levels control
- Built-in Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) client
- BOOTP and DHCP for IP address assignment
- System maintenance
– Firmware upload/download via HTTP/TFTP- Configuration upload/download through web interface- Dual images- Hardware reset button for system reboot or reset to factory default
- SNTP Network Time Protocol
- Cable diagnostics
- Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP) and LLDP-MED
- SNMP trap for interface link up and link down notification
- Event message logging to remote Syslog server
- Four RMON groups (history, statistics, alarms and events)
- PLANET smart discovery utility