Environmentally Hardened Design
PLANET IGS-5225-24P4S, a new industrial Layer 2+ managed Gigabit Switch, features 24 10/100/1000Mbps IEEE 802.3af/at PoE injector ports and 4 shared SFP ports, and supports static Layer 3 routing in a 1U case. With a total switch fabric of 48Gbps, the IGS-5225-24P4S can handle large amounts of data in a secure topology linking to an industrial backbone or high-capacity servers. The IGS-5225-24P4S is capable of providing non-blocking switch fabric and wire-speed throughput in the temperature range from -40 to 75 degrees C without any packet loss and CRC error. It greatly simplifies the tasks of upgrading the industrial LAN for catering to increasing bandwidth demands. Furthermore, it adopts user-friendly “Front Access” design for easy wiring and maintenance of the IGS-5225-24P4S when placed in the cabinet.
Redundant Ring, Fast Recovery for Critical Network Applications
The IGS-5225-24P4S supports redundant ring technology and features strong, rapid self-recovery capability to prevent interruptions and external intrusions. It incorporates advanced ITU-T G.8032 ERPS (Ethernet Ring Protection Switching) technology, Spanning Tree Protocol (802.1s MSTP), and redundant power input system into customer’s industrial automation network to enhance system reliability and uptime in harsh factory environments. In a simple ring network, the recovery time of data link can be as fast as 20ms.
High Power PoE for Security and Public Service Applications
To fulfill the demand of High Power PoE for network applications with Gigabit speed transmission under wide temperature, the IGS-5225-24P4S provides 24 10/100/1000Mbps ports featuring IEEE 802.3at Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+) that combines up to 400-watt power output and data per port over one Cat.5E/6 Ethernet cable. With a total 400-watt PoE budget on the whole system, the IGS-5225-24P4S is designed specifically to satisfy the growing demand of higher power consuming network PDs (powered devices) such as PTZ (Pan, Tilt & Zoom)/Speed Dome network cameras, multi-channel (802.11a/b/g/n) wireless LAN access points and other PoE network devices by providing PoE power, doubling that of the current conventional 802.3af PoE.
Intelligent Alive Check for Powered Device
The IGS-5225-24P4S PoE Switch can be configured to monitor connected PD’s status in real time via ping action. Once the PD stops working and responding, the IGS-5225-24P4S will recycle the PoE port power and bring the PD back to work. It also greatly enhances the reliability in that the PoE port will reset the PD power, thus reducing administrator’s management burden.
PoE Schedule for Energy Saving
Under the trend of energy saving worldwide and contributing to environmental protection on the Earth, the IGS-5225-24P4S can effectively control the power supply besides its capability of giving high watts power. The built-in “PoE schedule” function helps you to enable or disable PoE power feeding for each PoE port during specified time intervals and it is a powerful function to help SMBs or enterprises save power and money.
Digital Input and Digital Output for External Alarm
The IGS-5225-24P4S supports Digital Input and Digital Output on its front panel. This external alarm enables users to use Digital Input to detect and log external device status (such as door intrusion detector), and send event alarm to the administrators. The Digital Output could be used to alarm the administrators if the IGS-5225-24P4S port shows link down, link up or power failure.
Layer 3 IPv4 and IPv6 Software VLAN Routing for Secure and Flexible Management
To help customers stay on top of their businesses, the IGS-5225-24P4S not only provides ultra high transmission performance and excellent Layer 2 technologies, but also IPv4/IPv6 software VLAN routing feature which allows to crossover different VLANs and different IP addresses for the purpose of having a highly-secured, flexible management and simpler networking application.
Robust Layer 2 Features
The IGS-5225-24P4S can be programmed for advanced switch management functions such as dynamic port link aggregation, Q-in-Q VLAN, private VLAN, Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol, Layer 2 to Layer 4 QoS, bandwidth control and IGMP snooping. The IGS-5225-24P4S provides 802.1Q tagged VLAN, and the VLAN groups allowed will be maximally up to 255. Via aggregation of supporting ports, the IGS-5225-24P4S allows the operation of a high-speed trunk combining multiple ports. It enables a maximum of up to 12 trunk groups with 4 ports per trunk group, and supports fail-over as well.
For efficient management, the IGS-5225-24P4S is equipped with console, Web and SNMP management interfaces. With the built-in Web-based interface, the IGS-5225-24P4S offers an easy-to-use, platform-independent management and configuration facility. For text-based management, the IGS-5225-24P4S can be accessed via Telnet and the console port. Moreover, it also offers secure remote management via any standard-based management software by supporting SNMP v3 connection which encrypts the packet content at each session.
The IGS-5225-24P4S offers comprehensive Layer 2 to Layer 4 Access Control List (ACL) for enforcing security to the edge. It can be used to restrict network access by denying packets based on source and destination IP address, TCP/UDP ports or defined typical network applications. Its protection mechanism also comprises 802.1x port-based and MAC-based user and device authentication. With the private VLAN function, communication between edge ports can be prevented to ensure user privacy. The network administrators can now construct highly-secured corporate networks with considerably less time and effort than before.
Flexibility and Extension Solution
The four mini-GBIC slots built in the IGS-5225-24P4S support dual speed, 100BASE-FX and 1000BASE-SX/LX SFP (Small Form-factor Pluggable) fiber-optic modules, meaning the administrator now can flexibly choose the suitable SFP transceiver according to not only the transmission distance but also the transmission speed required. The distance can be extended from 550 meters (multi-mode fiber) to 10/50/70/120 kilometers (single-mode fiber or WDM fiber). They are well suited for applications within the enterprise data centers and distributions.
Perfect Integration Solution for Outdoor IP PoE Camera and NVR System
The IGS-5225-24P4S provides 24 10/100/1000Mbps 802.3at PoE+ ports and can offer sufficient PoE power to 24 PoE IP cameras at the same time. In addition, with the 4 100/1000BASE-X SFP interfaces, the IGS-5225-24P4S can connect to core fiber switch and send video stream to NVR and monitoring center. Through the high-performance switch architecture, the IGS-5225-24P4S facilitates the recorded video files from the 24 PoE IP cameras to be saved in the NVR systems. Furthermore, the NVR systems can be controlled and monitored both in the local LAN and the remote site via Internet. The IGS-5225-24P4S undoubtedly brings an ideal secure surveillance system at a lower total cost.
Industrial Area Department/Workgroup PoE Switch
Providing up to 24 PoE+, in-line power interfaces, the IGS-5225-24P4S can easily build a power centrally controlled for IP phone system, IP camera system, or wireless AP group for Industrial network. For instance, 24 PoE IP cameras or wireless access points can be easily installed around the corner in the industrial environment for surveillance demands or for a wireless roaming network. Without the power-socket limitation, the IGS-5225-24P4S makes the installation of IP cameras or wireless AP easier and more efficient.
High Power IP Surveillance and Wireless LAN Service in Public Transportation
With IEEE 802.3at Power over Ethernet Plus standard, the IGS-5225-24P4S can directly connect with any IEEE 802.3at end-nodes like PTZ (Pan, Tilt & Zoom) network cameras, PTZ speed dome cameras, color touch-screen Voice over IP (VoIP) telephones, and multi-channel wireless LAN access points. Wireless LAN would be more efficient for the transportation station to provide high speed and wide area Internet services for travelers. With the PoE wireless LAN structure, the transportation authority gains benefits from less cost while providing better Internet services in wider areas for the travelers.
- 24 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 ports with IEEE 802.3at PoE+ Injector
- 4 100/1000BASE-X mini-GBIC/SFP slots, shared with Port-21 to Port-24, compatible with 100BASE-FX SFP
- One RJ45 console interface for basic management and setup
Power over Ethernet
- Complies with IEEE 802.3at Power over Ethernet Plus/end-span PSE
- Up to 24 IEEE 802.3af/802.3at devices powered
- Supports PoE power up to 36 watts for each PoE port
- Auto detects powered device (PD)
- Circuit protection prevents power interference between ports
- Remote power feeding up to 100m
- PoE management features
– Total PoE power budget control- Per port PoE function enable/disable- PoE admin-mode control- PoE port power feeding priority- Per PoE port power limit- PD classification detection
– Temperature threshold control- PoE usage threshold control- PD alive check- PoE schedule
Industrial Case & Installation
- IP30 metal case protection
- 19-inch rack-mountable design
- 48~56V DC, redundant power with polarity reverse protect function
- Supports 6000V DC Ethernet ESD protection
- -40 to 75 degrees C operating temperature
Digital Input and Digital Output
- 2 Digital Input (DI)
- 2 Digital Output (DO)
- Integrate sensors into auto alarm system
- Transfer alarm to IP network via email and SNMP trap
Layer 3 IP Routing Features
- Supports maximum 32 software static routes and route summarization
Layer 2 Features
- Prevents packet loss with back pressure (half-duplex) and IEEE 802.3x pause frame flow control (full-duplex)
- High performance of Store-and-Forward architecture, and runt/CRC filtering eliminates erroneous packets to optimize the network bandwidth
- Storm Control support
– IEEE 802.1Q tagged VLAN- Up to 255 VLANs groups, out of 4094 VLAN IDs- Provider Bridging (VLAN Q-in-Q) support (IEEE 802.1ad)- Private VLAN Edge (PVE)- Protocol-based VLAN- MAC-based VLAN- Voice VLAN
- Supports Spanning Tree Protocol
– IEEE 802.1D Spanning Tree Protocol (STP)- IEEE 802.1w Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP)- IEEE 802.1s Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (MSTP), spanning tree by VLAN- BPDU Guard
- Supports Link Aggregation
802.3ad Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP)- Cisco ether-channel (static trunk)- Maximum 12 trunk groups with 4 ports per trunk group- Up to 8Gbps bandwidth (duplex mode)
- Provides port mirror (1-to-1)
- Port mirroring to monitor the incoming or outgoing traffic on a particular port
- Loop protection to avoid broadcast loops
- Supports ERPS (Ethernet Ring Protection Switching)
Quality of Service
- Ingress Shaper and Egress Rate Limit per port bandwidth control
- 8 priority queues on all switch ports
- Traffic classification
– IEEE 802.1p CoS- IP TOS/DSCP/IP precedence- IP TCP/UDP port number- Typical network application
- Strict priority and Weighted Round Robin (WRR) CoS policies
- Supports QoS and In/Out bandwidth control on each port
- Traffic-policing policies on the switch port
- DSCP remarking
- Supports IGMP snooping v1, v2 and v3
- Supports MLD snooping v1 and v2
- Querier mode support
- IGMP snooping port filtering
- MLD snooping port filtering
- MVR (Multicast VLAN Registration)
- IEEE 802.1x port-based/MAC-based network access authentication
- Built-in RADIUS client to cooperate with the RADIUS servers
- TACACS+ login users access authentication
- RADIUS/TACACS+ users access authentication
- IP-based Access Control List (ACL)
- MAC-based Access Control List
- Source MAC/IP address binding
- DHCP snooping to filter distrusted DHCP messages
- Dynamic ARP Inspection discards ARP packets with invalid MAC address to IP address binding
- IP Source Guard prevents IP spoofing attacks
- IP address access management to prevent unauthorized intruder
- Switch Management Interfaces
– Console/Telnet Command Line Interface- Web switch management- SNMP v1 and v2c switch management- SSH/SSL and SNMP v3 secure access
- Four RMON groups (history, statistics, alarms, and events)
- IPv6 IP address/NTP/DNS management
- Built-in Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) client
- BOOTP and DHCP for IP address assignment
- Firmware upload/download via HTTP/TFTP
- DHCP Relay
- DHCP Option 82
- User Privilege levels control
- Network Time Protocol (NTP)
- Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP)
- SFP-DDM (Digital Diagnostic Monitor)
- Cable diagnostic technology provides the mechanism to detect and report potential cabling issues
- Reset button for system reboot or reset to factory default
- PLANET Smart Discovery Utility for deployment management