PLANET IVC-2004PT, an Industrial grade Ethernet Extender with PoE supported, is integrated with three advanced technologies:
• Extends Ethernet over coaxial cable or phone wire
• IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet
• Industrial wide-ranging operating temperature
The IVC-2004PT is designed to utilize the commonly existed coaxial cables or phone wires to extend the UTP Ethernet over 100m distance limitation and transmits both power and data over single Ethernet cable to remote PoE capable devices in heavy industrial demanding environments.
IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet Integrated
The IVC-2004PT provides 4 10/100Mbps copper ports with 4 IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet inject interfaces delivered in an IP-30 rugged strong case. Supporting up to 15.4-watt power per port for any remote IEEE 802.3af powered device (PD) such as PoE IP cameras and PoE wireless LAN access point, the IVC-2004PT is an ideal solution to deploying surveillance system, and securing control and wireless service in climatically demanding wide temperature range (-40 to 75 degrees C) environments.
To extend the network distance and provide reliable Ethernet networking in hardened environments, the IVC-2004PT is equipped with one asymmetric / symmetric Ethernet extender port. The extender port can be RJ-11 or BNC connector. Customers can use either BNC or RJ-11 for their network deployment and the IVC-2004PT offers the absolutely fastest data transmission speed up to 99/65Mbps over existing coaxial cable and telephone wire without the need of rewiring.
Flexible Combination of Applications
The IVC-2004PT helps users to flexibly re-deploy a new local Intranet in the apartment, intelligent transportation systems, building automation, campus and hospitality environment by applying the original network structure without spending extra cost. The IVC-2004PT can be adjusted to Master or Slave mode via a DIP switch. It also can be set up to connect with the other IVC-2004PT or with other PLANET Ethernet extenders — the IVC-2002, VC-201A and VC-202A. Therefore, users can easily expand the current network structure easily and more flexibly.
Environmentally Hardened Design for Industrial PoE Networks
The IVC-2004PT provides a high level of immunity against electromagnetic interference and heavy electrical surges typical of environments like plant floors or in curbside traffic control cabinets. The IVC-2004PT is packaged in a compact, IP-30 rugged strong case that allows operating in wide temperature range of -40 to 75 degrees C and installation with either DIN rail or wall mounting for efficient use of cabinet space.
Industrial Area Department / Workgroup PoE Switch
With 4 PoE, in-line power interfaces, the PoE Industrial Ethernet Extender IVC-2004PT can build a power centrally controlled IP phone system, IP camera system, or wireless AP group for the enterprise. For instance, 4 IP cameras or wireless APs can be easily installed around the corner in the company for surveillance demands or build a wireless roaming environment in the offices. Without the power-socket limitation, it makes the installation of cameras or WLAN AP easier and more efficiently.
Flexible Industrial Extender includes BNC and RJ-11 Connection
The IVC-2004PT can operate stably under temperature range from -40 to 75 degrees C so it can be installed in any harsh environment. It is also compatibles with PLANET Ethernet over VDSL2 Converter VC-201A and VC-202A therefore users do not need to spend extra cost to deploy a new local Internet in apartment, hotel, campus and hospitality environment. The network administrator can re-deploy the original network structure with the IVC-2004PT with no further effort. For example, PLANET MC-700, MC-1500 and MC-1500R chassis with the VC-201A and VC-202A inside are set as CPE (Customer Premises Equipment) mode which is placed in the wiring center (MDF room). On the other hand, it connects an IVC-2004PT extender in Master mode by using telephone line or coaxial cable. Therefore, the new network structure can be constructed efficiently.
• Ethernet over twisted pair / coaxial
• Cost-effective Long-reach Ethernet (LRE) solution
• One box design, Master / Slave mode selectable via DIP Switch
• Selectable BNC and RJ-11 mode for the data transmission
• Defines Asymmetric (Band Plan 998) and Symmetric band plans for the transmission of Upstream
and Downstream signals
IEEE 802.3af PoE
• 4 x Ports IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet / PSE Standard
• 48V DC Power Input for PoE and 12~ 36V DC for non-PoE devices
• Supports PoE Power up to 15.4 watts for each PoE port
• Auto-detects powered device (PD)
• Circuit protection prevents power interference between ports
• Remote power feeding up to 100m
• IP-30 aluminum metal case protection
• -40~75 degree C operating temperature
• DIN rail and wall mount design
• Redundant power design: 48V DC Power Input for PoE
• Supports EFT 6000V DC protection for power line
• Supports ESD 6000V DC Ethernet protection
• Complies with the IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u Fast Ethernet standard
• Auto-MDI / MDI-X detection and auto-negotiation with half-duplex / full-duplex modes for 10 / 100Base-TX RJ-45 port
• Prevents packet loss with back pressure (half-duplex) and IEEE 802.3x pause frame flow control (full-duplex)
• Supports up to 1536 bytes packet size, 802.1Q VLAN tag transparent
• Integrated address look-up engine, supports 2K absolute MAC addresses